Hi everyone! I am EJP of EJPcreations. The items I make utilize design elements from a bygone time, to create modern, urban body ornaments. I am a mad scientist of a woman specializing in creating tiaras, necklaces, and fascinators, with a noir, and gothic flair. All adornments have a hint of vampire elegance, a dash of Steampunk bravado, and plenty of Neo-Victorian sensibilities. Here is my little blog to showcase some of my creations, the things that inspire me, as well as a scrapbook of curiosities that I have picked up in my wanderings across the web. ~ Please Enjoy …

Monday, March 29, 2010

Well…I Was Sort of In a Print Magazine…

I just love this necklace. It took me so long to make. The designing alone took me at least a month and a half. What I wanted to do was resonate the feeling of Laurie Hassold's sculptures without mimicking them too much. Just a whisper of the essence of them. She wanted something very unique, and eye catching to wear to art openings and other various art functions. Once I finally got the design down the intricacy of it had me sawing and filing the sterling silver sheet at the jeweler's bench for at least another month. Then after that it was riveting the little beauty together, oxidizing, and then finally working on the chain. The chain turned out to be the hardest part of the piece. It went through so many different versions until I braved this design. So the piece was finished, and Laurie was VERY pleased. Then she notified me that she had worn it to the photo shoot for an article on her work in Art LTD. Magazine. I couldn't be more thrilled!!! So see just like I said I was sort of featured in a print magazine. My necklace was there promanate so everyone could see blazing from it's pages.... AWwwww.. Come on I think it counts! In any case Laurie looks beautiful in the pictures, and the necklace looks very at home with her sculptures.

No comments:

Post a Comment