Hi everyone! I am EJP of EJPcreations. The items I make utilize design elements from a bygone time, to create modern, urban body ornaments. I am a mad scientist of a woman specializing in creating tiaras, necklaces, and fascinators, with a noir, and gothic flair. All adornments have a hint of vampire elegance, a dash of Steampunk bravado, and plenty of Neo-Victorian sensibilities. Here is my little blog to showcase some of my creations, the things that inspire me, as well as a scrapbook of curiosities that I have picked up in my wanderings across the web. ~ Please Enjoy …

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Aid for Spiders

With wistful thoughts of fall crossing my mind. I have no idea why it just is. I just had to share one of my favorite artists. Her name is Nina Katchadourian. She did a series of work a little while ago where she mended spider webs, and photographed the results. Ponder the effort and patience you have to have to tackle such and undertaking. I have also found a kit if you want to follow in her footsteps. BRILLIANT!

3 comments:

  1. That's totally awesome and amazing... Wow. Makes me feel good about the state of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful and inspiring! I'd like to see the spider's reaction to the mending! I wonder if it confuses them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had webs fall apart in my hands. It seems an impossible task! What a beautiful idea! These little insect eaters need all the help we can give them...I just don't want them wandering thru my house!

    ReplyDelete