Hi everyone! I am EJP of EJPcreations. The items I make utilize design elements from a bygone time, to create modern, urban body ornaments. I am a mad scientist of a woman specializing in creating tiaras, necklaces, and fascinators, with a noir, and gothic flair. All adornments have a hint of vampire elegance, a dash of Steampunk bravado, and plenty of Neo-Victorian sensibilities. Here is my little blog to showcase some of my creations, the things that inspire me, as well as a scrapbook of curiosities that I have picked up in my wanderings across the web. ~ Please Enjoy …

Monday, January 3, 2011

SWOON


"SWOON is a street artist from New York City who specializes in life-size wheatpaste prints and paper cutouts of figures. Swoon, real name Caledonia “Callie” Dance Curry, studied painting at the Pratt Institute in Brooklyn and started doing street art around 1999. Inspired by both art historical and folk sources, ranging from German Expressionist wood block prints to Indonesian shadow puppets, Swoon uses cut paper to play with positive and negative space in a conceptually driven exploration of the experience of the streets." ( From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swoon_(artist )












1 comment:

  1. Such amazing work.....I'm fascinated! What a great name, Caledonia Dance Curry! Had to be an artist with a handle like that. Love the fish! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete