Hi everyone! I am EJP of EJPcreations. The items I make utilize design elements from a bygone time, to create modern, urban body ornaments. I am a mad scientist of a woman specializing in creating tiaras, necklaces, and fascinators, with a noir, and gothic flair. All adornments have a hint of vampire elegance, a dash of Steampunk bravado, and plenty of Neo-Victorian sensibilities. Here is my little blog to showcase some of my creations, the things that inspire me, as well as a scrapbook of curiosities that I have picked up in my wanderings across the web. ~ Please Enjoy …

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Moroccan Lanterns

I dearly love Moroccan lanterns! When I was little my favorite store had one hanging from the center of the main floor. It was so glamours, and foreign it captivated me and I've been enamored with them ever since. About ten years ago I found the best trio of lanterns in the whole world. One really huge one and two smaller ones in descending order. They were my favorite possessions for years. But this is where the story turns tragic. I was in the process of moving in with my boyfriend at the time. I spent half of my week at his apartment and half at school. So of course my most prized possessions when to live at his place for safe keeping. Can you sense what I'm going to say girls. Yep... all of a sudden he broke up with me and in the emotional torment of moving my stuff out I forgot them. It was too hard to goback and get them after that. And before I knew it he moved to another city. -SIGH- I have yet to find their equal even in a picture so I made this post as a little shrine to my missing lanterns. To heal my wounded designers heart. I will find their equal one day until then I have pretty pictures to look at to appease me.



No comments:

Post a Comment