Hi everyone! I am EJP of EJPcreations. The items I make utilize design elements from a bygone time, to create modern, urban body ornaments. I am a mad scientist of a woman specializing in creating tiaras, necklaces, and fascinators, with a noir, and gothic flair. All adornments have a hint of vampire elegance, a dash of Steampunk bravado, and plenty of Neo-Victorian sensibilities. Here is my little blog to showcase some of my creations, the things that inspire me, as well as a scrapbook of curiosities that I have picked up in my wanderings across the web. ~ Please Enjoy …

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Dragons in Asia!!!


Ok small teeny tiny dragons... BUT dragons non the less!!! todayilearned.co.uk posted this great article about these little critters here is an excerpt...

"There is an amazing species of gliding lizard which looks like a miniature dragon. They breed in the Philippines, Malaysia and Indonesia.They spread out the skin attached to their ribs (“wings”) to glide from one tree to another. Although they can not sustain powered flights like all modern reptiles, they can glide over 8 meters. The crazy part is that those lines you see running through the wings like veins are actually its ribs! They can expand and contract their chests at will to glide great distances. The species is called Draco Volans."

No comments:

Post a Comment