Hi everyone! I am EJP of EJPcreations. The items I make utilize design elements from a bygone time, to create modern, urban body ornaments. I am a mad scientist of a woman specializing in creating tiaras, necklaces, and fascinators, with a noir, and gothic flair. All adornments have a hint of vampire elegance, a dash of Steampunk bravado, and plenty of Neo-Victorian sensibilities. Here is my little blog to showcase some of my creations, the things that inspire me, as well as a scrapbook of curiosities that I have picked up in my wanderings across the web. ~ Please Enjoy …

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Karakuri - Japanese Mechanized Puppets

Karakuri, Centuries Old Japanese Clockwork Puppets
Posted by: laughingsquid.com
"Karakuri are incredibly sophisticated mechanized puppets dating from Japan’s Edo period (200 to 300 years ago). The puppets perform astonishingly intricate tasks like writing and shooting arrows, powered by nothing more than handmade clockwork technology. Matthew Allard shot a gorgeous video for Al Jazeera Frames about Hideki Higashino, one of the view remaining Karakuri makers still practicing the art." Please visit laughingsquid.com for the full posting.

Karakuri from Matthew Allard on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment