Hi everyone! I am EJP of EJPcreations. The items I make utilize design elements from a bygone time, to create modern, urban body ornaments. I am a mad scientist of a woman specializing in creating tiaras, necklaces, and fascinators, with a noir, and gothic flair. All adornments have a hint of vampire elegance, a dash of Steampunk bravado, and plenty of Neo-Victorian sensibilities. Here is my little blog to showcase some of my creations, the things that inspire me, as well as a scrapbook of curiosities that I have picked up in my wanderings across the web. ~ Please Enjoy …

Monday, October 29, 2012

Edgar Allen Poe and the Raven... with a little John Cusack on the side

This little pin board was brought about because I couldn’t stop thinking about the movie “The Raven” this morning. Poor Edgar Allen Poe, Hollywood has made you into an action star at last. That’s ok the movie was fun. And John Cusack was pretty, and entertaining as always. And I was able to see lots of lovely gothic sets so nothing to complain about here. I will just remember the poem fondly and not attach it in my mind to the movie...

"But the Raven still beguiling my sad fancy into smiling,
Straight I wheeled a cushioned seat in front of bird, and bust and door;
Then, upon the velvet sinking, I betook myself to linking
Fancy unto fancy, thinking what this ominous bird of yore—
What this grim, ungainly, ghastly, gaunt and ominous bird of yore
               Meant in croaking "Nevermore."
 
 
  JacketSkirt,  SkullFeather Hair ornament,  Watch,  Corset

No comments:

Post a Comment