Hi everyone! I am EJP of EJPcreations. The items I make utilize design elements from a bygone time, to create modern, urban body ornaments. I am a mad scientist of a woman specializing in creating tiaras, necklaces, and fascinators, with a noir, and gothic flair. All adornments have a hint of vampire elegance, a dash of Steampunk bravado, and plenty of Neo-Victorian sensibilities. Here is my little blog to showcase some of my creations, the things that inspire me, as well as a scrapbook of curiosities that I have picked up in my wanderings across the web. ~ Please Enjoy …

Thursday, January 17, 2013

New York Commission for the Stage

This lovely lady in New York commissioned this piece to be a part of her stage show. She is a singer/song writer and wanted something very dramatic for her performances. Her idea was to extend the clock hands in one of my hair combs to twice their normal size, and then sprinkle it with all kinds of bling. I was a little skeptical that such a large piece would stay in her hair, but to my surprise once I finished it I realized it was just as sturdy and wearable as the smaller versions. Once it arrived to her home she let me know she loved it, and it was the perfect addition to her costume. In fact she loved it so much she took to waring it around off stage and it has become part of her signature style. This is why I love commission work. I would never have thought to go that direction with a hair comb, and because of her inspiration I did and now it opens up a whole world of design ideas to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment