Hi everyone! I am EJP of EJPcreations. The items I make utilize design elements from a bygone time, to create modern, urban body ornaments. I am a mad scientist of a woman specializing in creating tiaras, necklaces, and fascinators, with a noir, and gothic flair. All adornments have a hint of vampire elegance, a dash of Steampunk bravado, and plenty of Neo-Victorian sensibilities. Here is my little blog to showcase some of my creations, the things that inspire me, as well as a scrapbook of curiosities that I have picked up in my wanderings across the web. ~ Please Enjoy …

Friday, February 12, 2010

Gilding the Lily… or Tiara


A very dear customer came to me a month ago with a commission. She wanted a tiara, earrings, and necklace set for a Ball she was attending. The obstacle was that the set had to be gold. I usually shy away from making metallic pieces because the effect is so hard to achieve. However, it was my favorite type of commission, and it was for my favorite kind of event I was going to make it work. I ended up gold leafing everything a couple times over, with an interesting painting technique underneath to bring out the gold even more. I am so pleased with the results. Now I just have to work on photographing them because taking pictures of shiny metallic pieces is even trickier than making them.

2 comments: