Hi everyone! I am EJP of EJPcreations. The items I make utilize design elements from a bygone time, to create modern, urban body ornaments. I am a mad scientist of a woman specializing in creating tiaras, necklaces, and fascinators, with a noir, and gothic flair. All adornments have a hint of vampire elegance, a dash of Steampunk bravado, and plenty of Neo-Victorian sensibilities. Here is my little blog to showcase some of my creations, the things that inspire me, as well as a scrapbook of curiosities that I have picked up in my wanderings across the web. ~ Please Enjoy …

Friday, September 10, 2010

1950’s Home of the Future


One of my favorite things in the world is the vision of the future seen through the eyes of people living in the 1950’s. I always loved dreaming of what living in the year 2000 would be like when I was a kid. The visions that spoke the strongest to me were advertisements in the mid-century of millennium living. Now I love seeing how their ideas of how we should be living now compares it to how we are actually living. Because we were bombarded with those images growing up they helped shape the way we design products and packaging. Become a self-fulfilling prophesy of sorts.

1 comment:

  1. These images are incredible. Would love to have a "Jetson" house! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete