Hi everyone! I am EJP of EJPcreations. The items I make utilize design elements from a bygone time, to create modern, urban body ornaments. I am a mad scientist of a woman specializing in creating tiaras, necklaces, and fascinators, with a noir, and gothic flair. All adornments have a hint of vampire elegance, a dash of Steampunk bravado, and plenty of Neo-Victorian sensibilities. Here is my little blog to showcase some of my creations, the things that inspire me, as well as a scrapbook of curiosities that I have picked up in my wanderings across the web. ~ Please Enjoy …

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Diableries Series


About six months ago a ran across this picture, and simply fell in love with it. It looked Victorian, and it looked like a series but other than that I had no idea what it was or how to find more information about it. Just now I was searching Victorian Memento Mori Tableaux... like you do... and it popped up. So thanks to Morbidanatomy blog not only do I know what they are, but now I have a new blog to follow. YAY! Here is a quote form their post on a lecture series of which these here a part of. "macabre 3D spectacles of the Victorian age, the infamous Diableries series–masterfully designed 3D stereo ’tissues’ created in France in the 19th century, backlit and featuring ornate scenes depicting the daily life of Satan in Hell. Tongue in cheek and often controversial, these macabre spectacles give us a very interesting look at the 19th century’s lighthearted obsession with death and the macabre, serving as a wonderful demonstration of the Victorian fascination with themes such as the afterlife, heaven, hell and death."

No comments:

Post a Comment