Hi everyone! I am EJP of EJPcreations. The items I make utilize design elements from a bygone time, to create modern, urban body ornaments. I am a mad scientist of a woman specializing in creating tiaras, necklaces, and fascinators, with a noir, and gothic flair. All adornments have a hint of vampire elegance, a dash of Steampunk bravado, and plenty of Neo-Victorian sensibilities. Here is my little blog to showcase some of my creations, the things that inspire me, as well as a scrapbook of curiosities that I have picked up in my wanderings across the web. ~ Please Enjoy …

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Victoria and Albert paper dolls

These little Victoria and Albert paper dolls are so sweet. I always tear up when I think of Queen Victoria. And how she cherished her departed husbands memory by wearing a black mourning dress for the rest of her life. Also, sleeping with a cast of Prince Albert’s hand next to her pillow so that she could hold him as she slept. And insisting that every single day, her husband’s clothes should be laid out, that his breakfast be prepared and that hot water be brought to his room every morning so that he could shave. Such devotion is just so touching.

No comments:

Post a Comment