Hi everyone! I am EJP of EJPcreations. The items I make utilize design elements from a bygone time, to create modern, urban body ornaments. I am a mad scientist of a woman specializing in creating tiaras, necklaces, and fascinators, with a noir, and gothic flair. All adornments have a hint of vampire elegance, a dash of Steampunk bravado, and plenty of Neo-Victorian sensibilities. Here is my little blog to showcase some of my creations, the things that inspire me, as well as a scrapbook of curiosities that I have picked up in my wanderings across the web. ~ Please Enjoy …

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Burlesque headband and the creative process

I started this headband SUCH a long time ago. Probably two years ago. I knew exactly how I wanted the shape to look. It needed to be like a 1940's side sitting feather hat, but very burlesque in feel. The problem was I didn't quite know how to move forward with it. Every couple of months I would pick it up again. Look at it, love the shape, try it on, think about it for a little while more. Then put it back in it's little drawer to be worked on at a later date. I do this with a lot of projects that I just can't seem to get the right inspiration to complete the look I envision in my head. Almost like I'm waiting for a little imp to skip through my workspace and bonk me on the head with an epiphany. Well, no sign of the imp he must have been busy elsewhere. But then something amazing happened. I needed to make a Christmas gift for a dear friend of mine and the image of her wearing the headband Popped into my head. From that moment forward It's construction was a mystery to me no more. And I must say Nacreous Alchemy looks just as fetching in it as I imagined.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this head band it's even more amazing in person! I'm planning a whole outfit around it when I vend at the Black Market this year. :)

    ReplyDelete