Hi everyone! I am EJP of EJPcreations. The items I make utilize design elements from a bygone time, to create modern, urban body ornaments. I am a mad scientist of a woman specializing in creating tiaras, necklaces, and fascinators, with a noir, and gothic flair. All adornments have a hint of vampire elegance, a dash of Steampunk bravado, and plenty of Neo-Victorian sensibilities. Here is my little blog to showcase some of my creations, the things that inspire me, as well as a scrapbook of curiosities that I have picked up in my wanderings across the web. ~ Please Enjoy …

Friday, June 25, 2010

The Sedlec Ossuary

I want to visit The Sedlec Ossuary so bad! My sister went there a few years ago, and was just amazed by the artistry of the bones arrangements. Here is a little of the history from the website, "In 1870, a local woodcarver, Frantisek Rindt was given the task to decorate the chapel with the bones. And the amazing result speak for itself. 40,000 human bodies are now arranged and the place is now popularly known as the Church of Bones."

Resources:
The Sedlec Ossuary
Sacred Destinations

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, this is extraordinary and soooo aesthetic!!!! I will go there! definately! it's not that far from germany ;) my best frind is actually living in Dresden and from there it might be only a few hours trip.
    thank you for sharing this. can't believe I've never heard of the place before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous you are so close to it!!! You'll have to write up a blog post about it and share pictures. I wonder what kinds of cheesy things they sell in their gift shop.

    ReplyDelete