Hi everyone! I am EJP of EJPcreations. The items I make utilize design elements from a bygone time, to create modern, urban body ornaments. I am a mad scientist of a woman specializing in creating tiaras, necklaces, and fascinators, with a noir, and gothic flair. All adornments have a hint of vampire elegance, a dash of Steampunk bravado, and plenty of Neo-Victorian sensibilities. Here is my little blog to showcase some of my creations, the things that inspire me, as well as a scrapbook of curiosities that I have picked up in my wanderings across the web. ~ Please Enjoy …

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Vincent by Tim Burton and my Halloween Obsession

I'm still on my Halloween kick. I bought all kinds of things for making decorations. I've been looking up fun recipes, and images on pinterest. A whole flurry of activity on my side, but I just can't seem to get anyone else to be excited about it right now. It is the middle of August so it's understandable, but still! Though.... last weekend my friends and I had a girl night, and I made them all watch "Vincent" my favorite short film by Tim Burton and Rick Heinrichs. But other than that no interest. The thing that always irritates me is that by the time I am in the mood for it Halloween is a week away with no time to savor the festivities. This year was nice because we had one day in July that had a little of the Halloween smell in the air for a few hours, and that did it. I was in the Halloween zone from then on. I'm thinking it might have to do a little bit with the fact that I am moving, and I want to hide my head in something fun that I dearly love instead of in long, long lists of things to do and back breaking work. Don't get me wrong this move is going to be the best of my life. I finally get to live with the man of my dreams and build a life with him, but everything that goes with it to get to that point is a little overwhelming. So I let my head swim with thoughts of my favorite season to get me through the finish line.

No comments:

Post a Comment